See Mrs. Green for Passwords to Infohio and Gale resource
- 79,000 reference articles from acclaimed publications like American Decades
- 15 million periodical and newspaper articles from the New York Times, U.S. News and World Report, and many others
- 4,200 primary sources
- 100,000 multimedia records, including charts, graphs, maps and tables
- Video and audio content from NBC, NPR and many other respected sources
INFOhio – Ohio’s PreK-12 Digital Library
- How We Can Help – We’re a digital library that offers a variety of content and services—most at no charge—to Ohio’s 1.9 million PreK-12 students, their parents, and their teachers.
- Our Vision – Each Ohio PreK-12 student has equal access to high-quality digital resources for a successful education and future.
- Our Mission – INFOhio transforms student learning by providing equitable access to quality resources and cost-effective instructional and technical support for each student, educator, and parent in Ohio.
Additional MLA Information
- If not all information is found, cite what is available i.e. if no author is given, leave blank.
- When citing the date, list day, then three letter abbreviation for month (except for May, June, and July), then the year i.e. October 13, 2016 is written as 13 Oct. 2016.
- Use a colon and space to separate a title from a subtitle such as Skylife: Space Habitats.
- A Title is placed in quotation marks if it is part of a larger work (ex. a chapter in a book).
- A title is italicized if it is the source and container. Otherwise only the container is italicized.
- Citations are typed with a hanging indent and alphabetized by last name or first word if there is no author name.
- URL, Uniform Resource Locator, is the web address for the source of the information. If the URL is extremely long, give the URL of the website home page. ***Check with each teacher as to their specific requirement for URL!
- Many databases now provide examples of formatting for articles but may not have the newest MLA formatting style. Check with the Library Media Specialist.
- EasyBib – Enter your information into Easy Bib to create your citation. Remember that if you enter the incorrect information you will get an incorrect citation! There are lots of useful hints to help with research and citation also!
- The Purdue Owl Guides – This is a great site for looking up info if you have questions on how to cite different kinds of sources. Go to the MLA Works Cited Page: Basic Format and use the menu on the left to see information on how to cite your source: books, periodicals, web, DVD, etc.
- Citation Machine – Enter information to create your citation. Remember entering incorrect info will result in an incorrect citation.
- Refme – Another website to enter info to cite your source. Lots of other research writing help and free APA style available.